1 - Visa at local Vietnam Embassy
There is one Vietnam embassy in Sri Lanka, which is located in Colombo.
Embassy of Vietnam in Srilanka
Add: 30/5, Ward Place, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka
How to get Vietnam visa in Sri Lanka
This how-to-get guide is for:
- Holders of Sri Lanka passports; and
- Holders of other passport residing in Sri Lanka.
There are 02 options to get a visa to Vietnam for Sri Lankan citizens and residents:
1. Get Visa at local Vietnam embassy/Consulate
To apply for Vietnam visa at the Vietnam embassy in Sri Lanka, the applicants will need to:
- Fill out the online visa form, upload the main page of the passport and head-shot photo;
- Receive detailed instruction through 02 emails (Group ID number and payment instruction);
- Transfer payment to the Embassy’s bank account (remember to put the Group ID number);
- Receive the loose-leaf visas by post to your address.
The visa application at the consulate of Vietnam may be different.
2. Get Visa on arrival from Sri Lanka
Visa on arrival is available for those traveling to Vietnam by air. Below are 3 simple steps to get this kind of visa for Vietnam:
Please find information about Vietnam Embassy worldwide Here
- Make sure that your passport still remains minimum 6 months validity and at least 2 blank pages before applying Vietnam visa online
- Visa on arrival is only applicable for travelling by air to Vietnam
How much is a Vietnam visa?
The Vietnam visa fees for Sri Lankan citizens vary depending on the way they choose to obtain the visa for Vietnam.
- The fees for visa applied at Vietnam embassy vary by the embassy;
- The fees for visa on arrival is from US$25 for visa stamping for a single entry visa, PLUS the service fee for visa approval letter. Check the table below for the exactly how much you need to pay for your Vietnamese visas(s).
|Type of BUSINESS visa||1 pax||2 pax||3+ pax||Stamp fee|
|1 month single entry||$118||$112||$105||$25|
|3 months single entry||$138||$130||$124||$25|
|1 month multiple entry||$118||$112||$105||$50|
|3 months multiple entry||$145||$138||$132||$50|
|6 months multiple entry||$360||$342||$330||$95|
|Type of TOURIST visa||1 pax||2 pax||3+ pax||Stamp fee|
|1 month single entry||$20||$18||$16||$25|
|3 months single entry||$32||$30||$26||$25|
|1 month multiple entry||$25||$22||$20||$50|
|3 months multiple entry||$53||$51||$44||$50|
Service Fee is quoted in US $/pax
- US $10/pax for 1 working day processing;
- US $25/pax for 4 working hours processing;
- US $50/pax for 2 working hours processing.
How to Apply
The above are brief steps for VOA application. See the full guide on how to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival.
Visa on Arrival Processing Time
The duration of processing an approval visa letter is from one (01) working hour to two (02) working days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and national or international holidays), depending on your selected visa processing time.
- Vietnam visa on arrival is unlike its counterpart in Cambodia, Thailand or Sri Lanka which can be obtained right at the entry border gate. Applicants only need to complete. Visa on arrival requires travelers to obtain a visa approval letter beforehand to get visa stamped at Vietnam international airport.
- Vietnam visa on arrival is used for air travel only. If you travel to Vietnam by cruise or land, you are required to get a full authorized visa before your arrival.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months at your entry time in Vietnam.
- Children having their own passports are charged with the same fee as adults.
- Up to now, there is NO OFFICIAL website for Vietnam visa on arrival service. All sites supplying the service of getting the approval letter are private agencies. Thus, you should not be confused by a variety of websites with organizational internet domain TLDs (org, gov, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
It does not matter at all.
As the Visa approval letter (to pick up visa on arrival) works at all 8 international airports of Vietnam (Noi Bai in Hanoi, Cat Bi in Hai Phong, Da Nang in Da Nang, Cam Ranh in Khanh Hoa, Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City, Phu Quoc in Phu Quoc island, Lien Khuong in Da Lat and Can Tho in Can Tho city), you can switch your arrival airports among them and get the visa stamped without problems.
It does not matter at all. In case you are still not sure about your travel dates, you can provide planned ones when you fill in the online VOA Vietnam application form.
But please be kindly informed that you cannot enter Vietnam sooner than your provided arrival dates but later. So, please carefully consider before putting your dates into the form.
You can apply for the letter whenever you wish as it becomes valid from the arrival date granted, not from the date you apply for visa or the date you receive the letter.
The latest time to apply for visa approval letter for Vietnam should be 2 working days (for tourist visa) or 7 working days (for business visa) to avoid urgent processing cost.
No. When using Vietnam visa on arrival (or VOA Vietnam), you have nothing to work with the Vietnam embassy regarding your visa for Vietnam.
After getting the visa approval letter via email, you only need to print it out together with the attached Vietnamese visa application form (formerly known as Entry and Exit Form) and then get the visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport by showing these forms, original passport, photos and paying for stamping fee there.
No. You do not need to provide any document to apply online for the Vietnam visa approval letter, you only need to provide your information, including:
- Your contact details (name, email and possibly phone number);
- Your travel dates;
- Applicant’s information (full name, passport number, gender, nationality, date of birth and passport expiry date).
At phone number: +84.466888684 or Hotline: (+84) 837333335
Email address: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client Support will response you within 2 hours during business hours and within 24 hours out of office hours.