How to Extend and Renew your Vietnam Visa
This article will explain the customers all the information about Vietnam visa extension and renewal so that you can extend your stay permit in Vietnam without leaving the country.
This article will explain the customers all the information about Vietnam visa extension and renewal so that you can extend your stay permit in Vietnam without leaving the country. It covers:
- Where to extend Vietnam visa
- How to extend visa in Vietnam
- Vietnam visa extension cost
But before you go, kindly note the policy for Vietnam visa extension in Covid as follows:
1. If you entered Vietnam with Visa Exemptions, E-Visas or Tourist Visas from March 1, 2020, you will be eligible for “automatic stay permit extension” until May 31, 2021, and are allowed to exit Vietnam at any time until May 31, 2021 without following any stay permit extension procedure. It means that if you are in Vietnam under those visa categories, you entered the country on or after May 31, 2021 and your visa becomes expired before May 31, 2021, you can leave Vietnam after your visa expiry date, but by May 31, 2021, without penalty for overstaying.
►This is very important to understand that it means you don’t have to extend your visa to EXIT Vietnam by May 31, 2021. However, if you intend to stay in Vietnam after May 31, 2021, then you do need a visa extension.
If you entered BEFORE March 1, 2020, you will be eligible for the same policy if you show either of the following documents:
► A certification by your diplomatic mission in Vietnam through an official Diplomatic Note stating that you are stuck in Vietnam due to Covid 19 (attached with a translation in Vietnamese);
► Documents issued by the Vietnamese authorities certifying that you have undergone quarantine or treatment for COVID-19 or are stuck here due to reasons beyond your control.
You are required to show those documents when exiting Vietnam to ensure no charge for overstaying.
► Again, this works only for those who will leave Vietnam by May 31, 2021
2. In case you are eligible for an “automatic stay extension”, you are required to declare your temporary stay to local police and complete health declaration.
3. If you don’t meet the conditions in section 1 or have committed illegal actions, you shall be subject to the current laws of Vietnam.
For example, those in Vietnam under a business visa are required to extend visa before its expiry date.
(Updated by the Vietnam Immigration on May 31, 2021 at https://xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en/tin-tuc/notice-about-%E2%80%9Cautomatic-stay-extension%E2%80%9D)
What is visa extension or renewal?
This section will let you know what is exactly visa extension and renewal in Vietnam and how they are different from each other.
Visa extension is an action that is applied for foreigners who wish to prolong their current stay in Vietnam without leaving the country. By this action, you will get an extension stamp on your passport indicating your new stay duration.
Note: Visa extension is good for single entry only.
Visa renewal almost the same as visa extension as it also allows foreigners to extend their stay in Vietnam without leaving the country.
However, if you renew visa, you will be granted a new visa sticker and stay duration stamp on your passport with the new duration permission. And therefore, the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because you must pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee.
Note: This service is now not offered by the Vietnam Immigration Office. We will keep you updated immediately upon new developments.
Visa Extension/Renewal Requirements
To extend/review Vietnam visa, your original passport must:
- be valid for at least 06 months from the time of extension/renewal.
- have at least 02 blank pages.
Why should you choose a visa extension?
- The only choice to continue remaining in Vietnam legally after your visa expiry date without leaving the country as visa run is not available during COVID 19
- Save your cost as the extension fee is much cheaper than the renewal fee.
- Avoid being taken into the blacklist of the Vietnam Immigration Department because of overstaying.
- Have more time to settle your business in Vietnam which might be interrupted if you leave Vietnam and then come back with a new visa, or cannot come back in COVID 19.
Where to Extend Visa in Vietnam
The following Immigration offices are those in charge of extending visa in Vietnam.
- Hanoi immigration office: 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Immigration office in Da Nang: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Immigration office in Ho Chi Minh City: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city
- Working hours: Monday-Friday (Morning: 7am – 11h30am; Afternoon: 1h30pm – 5pm) and Saturday (Morning time only)
How to extend Vietnam visa
You can apply for a visa extension on your own directly at the Vietnam Immigration Department or apply through our Vietnam visa extension service for your convenience.
In case you use our visa extension service, you only need to go through the following 3 steps to get your visa successfully extended.
- Step 1: Send us soft copy of your passport and the page containing your current Vietnam visa and we will inform whether your visa can be extended or not
- Step 2: Send your original passport to our address and pay the extension fee
- Step 3: Get your passport with extended stay within 8 working days normally or 3 working days in urgent case upon your request
- Visa on arrival is available for Air travelers. Those arriving by land or cruise are required to contact the local Vietnam embassy to get a full Vietnam visa before departure.
- Visa on arrival must be picked up at Vietnam airports after landing. See detailed visa on arrival procedures at Vietnam airports.
- To fasten and smooth out your process of getting visa stamped at Vietnam airports; consider using our Airport services here.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can apply for the visa approval letter at any time convenient for you, but it should be at least 3 working days (for tourist visa) or 7 working days (business visa) to avoid emergency fees. For example, if you are planning a trip to Vietnam in February 2020, you can apply for the letter right now. Your visa approval letter becomes valid from your granted arrival date, not from your date of application or the date of issuing your letter.
Sure, business visa is available through our service. Please see the Business Visa page for more information.
Please find the below for required information to process your visa on arrival and what are required at Vietnam airport.
1- To obtain an approval letter for the visa on arrival, you are required to submit the following information:
- Your Full name – The same as in passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Travel dates
- Purpose of visit
- Type of visa
2 – When you arrive at Vietnam airport, please present:
- Approval letter (hard copy)
- Two (02) passport size photos
- Entry/exit form
- Original passport
- Stamping fee (by cash)
Yes. You can apply for Vietnam visa on arrival for your whole family in one application. In case your group have more than 10 people, just let me know at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com - Hotline English Speaking: +84989313339. We will get back to you to make your application process simple.
VIET GREEN VISA-LÀM LÀ ĐẬU
address: Hanoi:0989313339 - Danang:0837333335 - Saigon:0988262616
#1 Trusted Vietnam Visa:
-Vietnam Visa Entry Permit and Quarantine Hotel Serices
-Vietnam Visa on Arrival; Vietnam 5-year Visa Exemption; Vietnam Visa Extension
-Vietnam Airport Assistance; Vietnam Work Permit; Vietnam Temporary Residence Card; Vietnam Police Check
-Chuyên gia tư vấn visa Mỹ, Châu Âu, Úc, Canada, Nhật Bản, Hàn Quốc uy tín hơn 12 năm qua
-Dẫn đầu dịch vụ tư vấn visa Du học, visa Lao động, visa Định cư, visa Kết hôn cho hàng nghìn người Việt Nam
-Hỗ trợ thủ tục chứng minh tài chính, chứng minh công việc, hoàn thiện thủ tục nhanh chóng tiết kiệm
-Tư vấn xin gia hạn visa, xin giấy phép lao động, thẻ tạm trú cho người nước ngoài tại Việt Nam
-Đổi bằng lái xe quốc tế uy tín, Hợp pháp hoá lãnh sự chuyên nghiệp, Dịch thuật công chứng tư pháp giấy tờ nhanh, Giao nhận & Miễn phí giao chứng từ toàn quốc, an toàn nhanh chóng